Sikh Forum - Melbourne 2019
As per AGM 2018 held in Sydney, Sikh Forum must be conducted in the following format;
- Sikh Forum falls under the Cultural Position of ANSSACC
- ANSSACC will nominate one national co-ordinator. Current co-ordinator is Manjinder Singh from Sydney
- Regional ANSSACC will ask for expression of interest from its local city and submit to ANSSACC for selection of appropriate person fit for the position.
- National co-ordinator in consultation with local co-ordinator will shortlist the topics and submit to ANSSACC for approval.
- ANSSACC reserves the right to add, delete or modify the topics.
- Local co-ordinator is responsible for all hosting arrangements.
- All promotional material must be authorized by national co-ordinator.
- National co-ordinator must submit report to ANSSACC including entry register with in 30 days after the event
- Main focus should be to reach the Australian people
- Topics must contain issues faced by Australian Sikhs in Australia
- Goal of Sikh Forum is to share, broadcast and showcase the work of the Australian Sikh community
- Single person is only allowed maximum of 20 minutes for a topic.
- Two members from each Gurdwara must be invited to participate and discuss achievements, challenges and solutions.
- No speaker from overseas other than New Zealand citizen is allowed in Sikh Forum
- Media Forum must be part of Sikh Forum
Tentative list of topics
- Turban awareness, issues
- Workplace promotion
- Positive portrayal of Sikhism in mainstream
- Effective showcasing our values in mainstream
- Sikh children and mainstream education
- Works on Australian Sikh Heritage
- Employment opportunities for Sikhs
- Connecting Sikhs to public/non-profit Gurdwaras
- Ideal committees or Gurdwara managements
Topics are not limited to the list.